State University of New York
State University of New York (SUNY) Korea is the university’s first international campus established outside of the United States, built in 2012 in the smart city of Songdo. The inception of SUNY Korea comes as part of an effort to deliver a world-class education globally, while keeping the same rigorous education standards of the main campus in New York.
One of the advantages of studying at SUNY Korea is the possibility to study in both the Korean campus and the U.S. campus to add versatility and a global dimension to their degree. Both undergraduate and graduate programs are offered in a variety of majors including science, business, engineering and more, with the particularity of offering the only 100% English-taught Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management degree programs in Korea, at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Moreover, the degrees conferred by SUNY Korea are the identical to the degrees awarded in the U.S. home campus, so students can expect to receive the same high-quality education on the Korean campus as well.
In August 2017, FIT became the second SUNY campus to award degree programs at SUNY Korea.
The FIT programs offered in Korea are Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management, which are flagship Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree programs of the school. The programs curriculum stem from the college’s long historical commitment to train graduates fully prepared to work in the modern Fashion industry and its related businesses. Fashion Design is one of the core programs offered at the FIT, while the Fashion Business Management program is the oldest and largest program of its kind in the United States, with a curriculum focusing on applying business concepts to the fashion industry, encompassing courses such as marketing, sales, project management, purchasing and managing inventory, etc.
Classes in English
Associate’s in Applied Science (AAS, 2 years)
Exchange Partner Universities (Notable)
- FIT Italy
- FIT New York
- Application fees : USD 50 (non-refundable application fee processing charged by the university.
- Admission Fee: One-time admission fee paid the first semester
- Tuition fees per semester (approximative)
- Various scholarships are available for both new and continuing students (Presidential Scholarship, Provost Scholarship, etc.)
- Students must submit a separate financial aid application by the deadline in order to be considered for the scholarships.
- On-campus accommodation is offered to students enrolled in a degree program.
Ready to apply?
Check out a few basic facts
Skudy Service Offering
If you are unsure about what program to apply for, through a short chat or phone call session, we will analyze your profile to determine which universities or programs would be a good fit for you, given your post graduation goals and personal preferences. This session is also a good opportunity for you to ask us anything about studying in Korea.
Once you have a clear idea about your goals, it’s time to set up an application strategy! We will help you with your Personal Statement essay by providing you with guidelines on how to write it, and we will make sure it reflects your strengths.
Each university uses a different application channel and process. As a Skudy client, you do not have to worry about that, as we will take care of ALL paperwork for you! You just have to provide your documents to us once and we will take care of the rest!
Got admitted to the school of your dreams? Congratulations! Now, we will help you adjust to your new life in Korea by providing you with high quality advice on housing, money, visa, food, and all other aspects of student life. You will save time and money thanks to our expert teams care.
So, in summary, you get…
- A customized 1-on-1 orientation & consulting session, by chat or phone (whichever is comfortable for you)
- 24/7 customer support, to answer all your questions about studying in Korea
- Help with filling out the application forms and other required paperwork
- One essay (Personal Statement) review, with our edits and comments on how to improve it to maximize your admission chances
- Handling all communication with the university on your behalf
- Translation of all your documents written in foreign language to English or Korean by a certified translator
- Interview coaching (if requested by the university)
- (For the 50 first clients only!) Free-of-charge airport pickup, accommodation finding help, immigration and visa help, phone and bank registration so you can comfortably settle down in your new environment.
What it doesn’t include is…
Writing your essay for you
While we do guide you and provide you with a framework and insights on how to write a good essay, we cannot actually write your Personal Statement for you. This is done for both legal and ethical reasons.
The university application fee
This fee is charged by the university is separate and must be paid separately. It is non-refundable.
Once admitted, you must separately apply for a visa in the Korean embassy/consulate in your country and we cannot help you with the process as every consulate/country is different. However, we will help you with Foreign Registration at the Korean Immigration Office once you are in Korea.
A guarantee for admission
Although we have a strong expertise in academic consulting and experience in successfully admitting students in the best Korean universities, the ultimate admission decision (as well as the scholarship decision) is made by the university alone, after a review of your profile.