Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Undergraduate Admissions

The process is very simple. Once you decide (with our help) on which university or program you want to apply to, then:

  1. We send you a detailed list of documents required
  2. You scan & send them back to us
  3. … That’s it!

We told you it was simple! One of the benefits of applying through Skudy is that we take care of ALL the paperwork for you.

Each university and program has slightly different eligibility requirements.

So please check the program’s page for more accurate information.

However, in general, to be eligible to apply as an International Student, you will need to:

  • Complete 12 years of secondary education
  • Hold a foreign (Non-Korean) citizenship, with both parents being Non-Korean citizens.
  • Possess a good command of either English or Korean. An appropriate language test score must be submitted.

Every university and program has slightly different requirements, depending on what you want to study.

Generally speaking, Korean universities will require:

  • Your highschool transcripts
  • An essay explaining what you want to study and why you want to study in Korea (Personal Statement)
  • Recommendation Letters
  • (Optional) Other supporting documents highlighting academic ability, extracurricular activities, prizes, achievements, and anything document that can support your application

For a full list of documents for each university, please contact us.

While it is helpful to have an SAT score to increase your admission chances, it is not a mandatory requirement in most cases.

You can find information about tuition fees on each program’s page.

Please keep in mind the following:

  • In addition to the tuition fee, newly admitted students (freshmen or transfer) must pay the Admission Fee (also called Registration Fee). This fee is a one-time fee paid at the first semester only.
  • The tuition fees shown on the program page are rounded up for convenience.
  • The USD and EUR figures are shown for your convenience only, and are based on the average 3-months exchange rate and they are updated every quarter. Tuition fees payments must be done in Korean Won (KRW) and therefore it’s best to refer to the KRW amount for more accuracy.
  • The tuition fees shown on the program page are based on the last semester’s tuition fees published by the university. The numbers are therefore very close but not final. The actual, final tuition fees are published by the university before the semester starts.
  • Tuition fees may increase each year by a small percentage (2~3%) on account of inflation.

For a full list of documents for each university, please contact us.

Yes, absolutely. Many international students choose to get a job and stay in Korea after completing their degrees. A few big companies organize special recruitment sessions for foreign students, and the government organizes many job fairs for international students throughout the year.

The Korean Immigration Office has also created a special Job Seeking Visa (D-10) that allows you to remain in Korea for 6 months after graduation (renewable) to look for a job.

But keep in mind that you will have to be well prepared and willing to learn Korean in order to increase your chances to land a job!

At Skudy, we offer career consulting on demand. Contact us for more information!

Students on a D-2 Visa (Student Visa) are generally allowed to work part-time within the limit of 20 hours a month.

Students willing to work part-time must however apply for an Authorization to Work from the Immigration Office. Please note that there are certain attendance and GPA requirements in order to obtain the part-time work permit.

In general, food served on campus cafeterias is Korean or Western style and does not specifically cater to Halal diets, but cafeterias always clearly indicate the ingredients used in the food so you can choose what’s appropriate for you.

Recently, due to the increase in number of Muslim students coming each year to Korea, Korean universities are starting to make efforts to provide vegetarian/halal options.

Note also that around all major universities neighborhoods, you can always find 2 or 3 restaurants serving Halal food. In any other restaurant, you can also ask for the vegetarian option, or ask that your meals are prepared without pork (or meat), and usually restaurants will accommodate you.

Finally, in Seoul there are many Halal shops and restaurants for all your Halal food and other items needs, especially around the Mosque area in Itaewon.

As part of our premium service, we will be happy to provide you with a list of Halal food shops/restaurants in your area.

You must apply for a D-2 Student Visa, in the Korean consulate/embassy in your own country. Once you gain admission, the university will issue a letter of acceptance that you can use for your Visa application.

We unfortunately cannot help you with the Visa application process as every Korean consulate is different depending on the country.

However, we will be happy to assist you with all administrative matters at the Korean Immigration Office, such as your Foreign Registration and Alien Card Registration process once you arrive in Korea.

Yes! Many universities, including prestigious ones like Korea University, Yonsei University, KAIST, and other schools, all offer 100% English taught programs in a variety of majors! Check out the programs page for more information.

Yes, absolutely! We can find an appropriate program for you in a Korean university even if it’s not listed on our website. Contact us on WhatsApp for more information.