KAIST is the premier science and technology research-oriented institute in Korea. Financed by the Korean government as well as generous donations from private citizens and firms alike, KAIST has become a world-renowned university and a respected member of the global science and technology university league, thanks to the strength of its outstanding world-class research activity.
KAIST is ranked 40th by the QS World University Ranking and has trained since its founding 17,222 undergraduates, 31,528 Master degree graduates, and 12,375 PhDs.
While KAIST is a research oriented institute, it also boasts one of the best STEM undergraduate programs in the world, educating and fostering the most capable students (KAIST only takes the top 1% of all high school graduates) into elite scientists and engineers, able to lead in both academia and industry.
All courses at KAIST are taught 100% in English.
Classes in English
Bachelor’s of Science
Exchange Partner Universities (Notable)
- University of Pennsylvania
- George Washington University
- Imperial College London
- University of Cambridge
- University of Tokyo
- Tsinghua University
- University of Hong Kong
- Application fees : KRW 80,000 (non-refundable application fee processing charged by the university.
- Tuition fees per semester (approximative)
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- National Health insurance
- There is no separate scholarship application process, candidates will be automatically considered
- All students must spend their freshman year at the Residential College at Yonsei International Campus (YIC) in Songdo.
- Starting their sophomore year, students can stay in the dormitories or choose any of the off-campus options available to them.
Ready to apply?
Check out a few basic facts
Skudy Service Offering
If you are unsure about what program to apply for, through a short chat or phone call session, we will analyze your profile to determine which universities or programs would be a good fit for you, given your post graduation goals and personal preferences. This session is also a good opportunity for you to ask us anything about studying in Korea.
Once you have a clear idea about your goals, it’s time to set up an application strategy! We will help you with your Personal Statement essay by providing you with guidelines on how to write it, and we will make sure it reflects your strengths.
Each university uses a different application channel and process. As a Skudy client, you do not have to worry about that, as we will take care of ALL paperwork for you! You just have to provide your documents to us once and we will take care of the rest!
Got admitted to the school of your dreams? Congratulations! Now, we will help you adjust to your new life in Korea by providing you with high quality advice on housing, money, visa, food, and all other aspects of student life. You will save time and money thanks to our expert teams care.
So, in summary, you get…
- A customized 1-on-1 orientation & consulting session, by chat or phone (whichever is comfortable for you)
- 24/7 customer support, to answer all your questions about studying in Korea
- Help with filling out the application forms and other required paperwork
- One essay (Personal Statement) review, with our edits and comments on how to improve it to maximize your admission chances
- Handling all communication with the university on your behalf
- Translation of all your documents written in foreign language to English or Korean by a certified translator
- Interview coaching (if requested by the university)
- (For the 50 first clients only!) Free-of-charge airport pickup, accommodation finding help, immigration and visa help, phone and bank registration so you can comfortably settle down in your new environment.
What it doesn’t include is…
Writing your essay for you
While we do guide you and provide you with a framework and insights on how to write a good essay, we cannot actually write your Personal Statement for you. This is done for both legal and ethical reasons.
The university application fee
This fee is charged by the university is separate and must be paid separately. It is non-refundable.
Once admitted, you must separately apply for a visa in the Korean embassy/consulate in your country and we cannot help you with the process as every consulate/country is different. However, we will help you with Foreign Registration at the Korean Immigration Office once you are in Korea.
A guarantee for admission
Although we have a strong expertise in academic consulting and experience in successfully admitting students in the best Korean universities, the ultimate admission decision (as well as the scholarship decision) is made by the university alone, after a review of your profile.