Stony Brook University
State University of New York
State University of New York (SUNY) Korea is the university’s first international campus established outside of the United States, built in 2012 in the smart city of Songdo. The inception of SUNY Korea comes as part of an effort to deliver a world-class education globally, while keeping the same rigorous education standards of the main campus in New York.
One of the advantages of studying at SUNY Korea is the possibility to study in both the Korean campus and the U.S. campus to add versatility and a global dimension to their degree. Both undergraduate and graduate programs are offered in a variety of majors including science, business, engineering and more, with the particularity of offering the only 100% English-taught Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management degree programs in Korea, at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Moreover, the degrees conferred by SUNY Korea are the identical to the degrees awarded in the U.S. home campus, so students can expect to receive the same high-quality education on the Korean campus as well.
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University (SBU) is one of the highest ranked universities that constitute the State University of New York system. It is a prestigious research institution highly popular destination for Many US and International students. Currently 26,814 students are enrolled at SBU, taught by over 2,700 faculty members.
The Korean campus provides the same quality of education as the Long Island, New York campus, and as such enrollment has been growing 3-folds year after year over the last few years. Students have the opportunity to spend one year in the U.S. home campus, which is an attractive feature of the Bachelor’s degree programs offered by the university.
Some notable statistics:
- Top 1% of universities in the world (QS World University Rankings)
- One of the top 100 universities in the nation and one of the top 50 public U.S. Universities (U.S News & World Report)
- Top 35 best values public universities by Kiplinger and Money Magazine
- A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, an invitation only group of the top 62 research universities in North America, including many IVY League members.
Classes in English
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.)., and Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
Exchange Partner Universities (Notable)
- State University of New York U.S. network universities
- Application fees : USD 50 (non-refundable application fee processing charged by the university.
- Admission Fee: One-time admission fee paid the first semester
- Tuition fees per semester (approximative)
- Various scholarships are available for both new and continuing students (Presidential Scholarship, Provost Scholarship, etc.)
- Students must submit a separate financial aid application by the deadline in order to be considered for the scholarships.
- On-campus accommodation is offered to students enrolled in a degree program.
Ready to apply?
Check out a few basic facts
Skudy Service Offering
If you are unsure about what program to apply for, through a short chat or phone call session, we will analyze your profile to determine which universities or programs would be a good fit for you, given your post graduation goals and personal preferences. This session is also a good opportunity for you to ask us anything about studying in Korea.
Once you have a clear idea about your goals, it’s time to set up an application strategy! We will help you with your Personal Statement essay by providing you with guidelines on how to write it, and we will make sure it reflects your strengths.
Each university uses a different application channel and process. As a Skudy client, you do not have to worry about that, as we will take care of ALL paperwork for you! You just have to provide your documents to us once and we will take care of the rest!
Got admitted to the school of your dreams? Congratulations! Now, we will help you adjust to your new life in Korea by providing you with high quality advice on housing, money, visa, food, and all other aspects of student life. You will save time and money thanks to our expert teams care.
So, in summary, you get…
- A customized 1-on-1 orientation & consulting session, by chat or phone (whichever is comfortable for you)
- 24/7 customer support, to answer all your questions about studying in Korea
- Help with filling out the application forms and other required paperwork
- One essay (Personal Statement) review, with our edits and comments on how to improve it to maximize your admission chances
- Handling all communication with the university on your behalf
- Translation of all your documents written in foreign language to English or Korean by a certified translator
- Interview coaching (if requested by the university)
- (For the 50 first clients only!) Free-of-charge airport pickup, accommodation finding help, immigration and visa help, phone and bank registration so you can comfortably settle down in your new environment.
What it doesn’t include is…
Writing your essay for you
While we do guide you and provide you with a framework and insights on how to write a good essay, we cannot actually write your Personal Statement for you. This is done for both legal and ethical reasons.
The university application fee
This fee is charged by the university is separate and must be paid separately. It is non-refundable.
Once admitted, you must separately apply for a visa in the Korean embassy/consulate in your country and we cannot help you with the process as every consulate/country is different. However, we will help you with Foreign Registration at the Korean Immigration Office once you are in Korea.
A guarantee for admission
Although we have a strong expertise in academic consulting and experience in successfully admitting students in the best Korean universities, the ultimate admission decision (as well as the scholarship decision) is made by the university alone, after a review of your profile.