Established in 1885, Yonsei University is a tradition-rich private research university and is considered one of the most prestigious universities in Korea. Part of the SKY League, Yonsei has emerged as an institution of global excellence, as reflected in their global rankings.
Yonsei boasts two campuses: the Main Campus in the wonderful area of Sinchon in Seoul, and the Yonsei International Campus in Songdo, both equipped with top-notch facilities. The 270 scholars strong international faculty, along with 4,732 Korean scholars are spread over 13 colleges and 14 graduate schools and strive to educate the brightest and sharpest young minds to shape them into future leaders able to contribute to both the Korean and international societies.
With the aim to continuously support faculty research by building the best research environment possible, Yonsei University has heavily invested in its R&D capabilities to prepare for the exciting future that lies ahead.
The Underwood International College at Yonsei University is an American-style four years liberal arts college, founded in 2005 with a mission to provide its global body of students with a world-class education based on three core values: Critical thinking, democratic citizenship, and global leadership.
The curriculum is comprised of 5 majors with an extensive selection of courses taught 100% in English by a distinguished faculty of both international and Korean scholars, all hailing from prestigious universities all over the world. The program is very interdisciplinary and global in nature, which is why 2500 students from 66 countries chose to study at the UIC.
One unique feature of the UIC is its ivy-league style residential college system, in which all first-year students take common curriculum courses at the Yonsei International Campus in Songdo (Incheon). From their second year, students will be able to move to the Seoul campus to take their major courses, attend seminars and other student activities offered on campus.
Classes in English
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.)., and Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
Exchange Partner Universities (Notable)
- Dartmouth College
- University of California
- New York University
- McGill University
- University of Hong Kong
- Tsinghua University
- Sciences Po
- University of Tokyo
- Yale University
- King’s College London
- Application fees : 150,000 KRW (non-refundable application fee processing charged by the university.
- Registration fee (one-time fee paid at the first semester only)
- Tuition fees per semester (approximative)
- Full tuition admission scholarships (4 years) available for top candidates (No separate application required)
- Various need-based and merit-based scholarships available
- All students must spend their freshman year at the Residential College at Yonsei International Campus (YIC) in Songdo.
- Starting their sophomore year, students can stay in the dormitories or choose any of the off-campus options available to them.
Ready to apply?
Check out a few basic facts
Skudy Service Offering
If you are unsure about what program to apply for, through a short chat or phone call session, we will analyze your profile to determine which universities or programs would be a good fit for you, given your post graduation goals and personal preferences. This session is also a good opportunity for you to ask us anything about studying in Korea.
Once you have a clear idea about your goals, it’s time to set up an application strategy! We will help you with your Personal Statement essay by providing you with guidelines on how to write it, and we will make sure it reflects your strengths.
Each university uses a different application channel and process. As a Skudy client, you do not have to worry about that, as we will take care of ALL paperwork for you! You just have to provide your documents to us once and we will take care of the rest!
Got admitted to the school of your dreams? Congratulations! Now, we will help you adjust to your new life in Korea by providing you with high quality advice on housing, money, visa, food, and all other aspects of student life. You will save time and money thanks to our expert teams care.
So, in summary, you get…
- A customized 1-on-1 orientation & consulting session, by chat or phone (whichever is comfortable for you)
- 24/7 customer support, to answer all your questions about studying in Korea
- Help with filling out the application forms and other required paperwork
- One essay (Personal Statement) review, with our edits and comments on how to improve it to maximize your admission chances
- Handling all communication with the university on your behalf
- Translation of all your documents written in foreign language to English or Korean by a certified translator
- Interview coaching (if requested by the university)
- (For the 50 first clients only!) Free-of-charge airport pickup, accommodation finding help, immigration and visa help, phone and bank registration so you can comfortably settle down in your new environment.
What it doesn’t include is…
Writing your essay for you
While we do guide you and provide you with a framework and insights on how to write a good essay, we cannot actually write your Personal Statement for you. This is done for both legal and ethical reasons.
The university application fee
This fee is charged by the university is separate and must be paid separately. It is non-refundable.
Once admitted, you must separately apply for a visa in the Korean embassy/consulate in your country and we cannot help you with the process as every consulate/country is different. However, we will help you with Foreign Registration at the Korean Immigration Office once you are in Korea.
A guarantee for admission
Although we have a strong expertise in academic consulting and experience in successfully admitting students in the best Korean universities, the ultimate admission decision (as well as the scholarship decision) is made by the university alone, after a review of your profile.